After following advice from this site I called National RV, the makers of my 1985 Dolphin, on March 30th about taking advantage of the recall of the 5 lug axle. After a little confusion and several transfers I was given the voicemail of Owner's Relations Manager Robert Brown. I was instructed to leave my name, number, reason for calling and VIN.

The weekend has gone and its Monday April 02. At the crack of noon (CST) I get a call from Robert and he gives me the following instructions that I now pass on to future generations :ThumbUp:

Robert Needs:

- Picture of RV (To prove its a Dolphin. No pic of axle required.)

- Photocopy of vehicle registration. (The Title)

- Include a letter with your name, address and phone number.

- Also include information about the local shop that will do the work. (I assume that an individual couldn't do it for recall/warranty reasons. I didn't ask otherwise.)

Send all this information to

National RV

3411 N. Perris Blvd.

Perris, CA 92571

ATTN: Robert Brown

Robert Brown can be contacted at:

1-800-999-7260 ext4230

After he processes your information then he will call you and "let you know what to do next."

He indicated that the axle will be shipped to a repair shop (or they will negotiate one) and it was up to me to flip the rest of the bill. Not a bad deal if you ask me. Much cheaper than driving the Dolphin from St. Louis to Perris, CA. Not as fun tho... I was looking forward to making an excuse for the road trip. <_<

I'll update in a month or so when I can afford to get the work done.

Good luck!

James E

• 9 months later...

From the discussions that I have read about National RV, they appear to have a supply of the upgraded Toyota rear axles (6 bolt design) since they were still doing recall service in 2007.

Do we have any enterprising folks that live near National RV to buy up their remaining supply

of Toyota rear axles?

Just a thought,

Dennis...