TV On a Battery ?

sanddigger

Hi, all its Sanddigger, I Pick up a 1982 Dolphin Motorhome 20 footer. Question.. Can you Run a 24 inch Flat TV on the Battery only ? I all so do Not have any power to the inside Lights , I an rebuiling this toy.and for got were all the wires go .. Red-green- Black-white. Thanks for any Help aka---> Joe ps the wires I an Talking about are for the inside Lights in the rear kit lights reading light baltroom ect..

Edited by sanddigger

Sanddigger;

Welcome - Yes, a 24 inch LCD TV might be able to run directly off 12 volts. Many LCDs advertise that they can run off car 12 volt cigarette lighter plug. Also, if your TV uses one of those wall plug transformer power supplies, look at where it plugs into the TV, On a lot of these type TVs they list the voltage and polarity of the plug. If it say 12 Vdc, then your in luck.

As for your wire colors, I would say they are almost meaningless without more information, i.e. were do they go, what did you disconnect them from.

Your coach lights operate off the coach 12 volt circuit.

You might take some photos of the battery area and also the wires that your talking about.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

i got a 22 inch with separate dvd player. i put in a 800 watt converter and can run the tv and dvd about 10 hours before needing a charge. i also found that even though the closest digital signals are 70 miles away i get them with rabbit ears inside the motor home, all four networks. should work if semi close to signals, just have to run the scan to find them.

Just for chuckles I plugged my 21" wide screen in to my watt meter, 62 watts or around 5 amps @ 12 volts. Should play a good while.