[Michigan] Recommend mechanic or shop to inspect/repair?

A.j.

Hi all,

Can anyone offer a recommendation for a garage and/or mechanic in the S.E. Michigan area (Ann Arbor or metro-Detroit, preferably) who has experience with Toy homes? We're going to need someone to do a pre-purchase inspection as well as a good person to handle repairs down the line.

Thanks!

A.j.

Thanks for the reply... it looks like Palco is a parts shop, not a garage. But it actually looks really cool and is useful to know about - I'm going to call them and see if they can recommend an RV repair garage.

Also, a quick Web search led me to this place:

JB DLCO Transmissions & Certified Auto Repair 24111 Groesbeck Highway, Warren, MI 48089

They appear to specialize in both Toyotas and RV repairs (with a big oversize hoist), so maybe they can do Toy homes? Anyone have experience with them (or Palco)?

Aj

Thanks for the reply... it looks like Palco is a parts shop, not a garage. But it actually looks really cool and is useful to know about - I'm going to call them and see if they can recommend an RV repair garage.

Ok, updating my own post.. I called Palco and they do indeed do service/repair on the coach portion of the RV (not the truck part though - they aren't mechanics). They also *don't* do pre-purchase inspections, sadly.

Still looking for a pre-purchase inspection place in Detroit/Ann Arbor. Got a call into JB Dlco (listed above)... we'll see what they say.

Aj

Still looking for a pre-purchase inspection place in Detroit/Ann Arbor. Got a call into JB Dlco (listed above)... we'll see what they say.

Aj

One more update to add... JB Dlco in Warren will indeed do a pre-purchase inspection on an RV for $170. They know older Toyota trucks. This does NOT include the coach, just the truck part. It's a 1-1/2 to 2 hour inspection and (they say) includes engine, transmission, brakes, chassis, etc. They have a large truck hoist (can do buses and the huge motorcoach RVs) and get under the vehicle.

Wish they could also do the coach systems for that price, but it's the best I've found so far in southeastern Michigan. I envy you West coasters and your Toy home connections!

Aj