Proud Pappy of a new 85 Dolphin!

BlingFree

Just thought I'd come in and share my newfound joy!

Hello! My name is James. I recently got myself an 85 Toyota Truck with the Dolphin RV. Man oh man... I couldnt be happier.

It's my first so I'm a complete newb. So far I've only driven it 80 miles... 80, very lucky, miles. Come to find out that the seller "mistakenly" sold me a tire that was blown... but he had checked all the tires so no need to worry. Even tho one of the tires were low. It's the older axle too... lukily for me the berrings had been recently replaced. Anyway... 80 miles and 5 tires later it's safely in my driveway.

Anyway...

I wanted to say hello to everyone... introduce myself... then scoot over the the help section for a question.

In the meantime, are there any sites that folks would recommend to get me primed for being an RV adventurer? Reference sites would be greatly appreciated... camping spots and such.

Pleased to meet you all!

James E

my site:

http://www.shnflac.net

Welcome James. This is, imo, the place for most all your toyhouse info needs. There is the yahoo group, but, I absolutely hate the board format. Trying to navigate your way through the messages and responses sucks, badly.

So, ya got the old killer 5 lug faux duallies? Too bad. You may be in luck, though. I think the manufacturers are still liable for them. Most ofcourse are out of bussiness as a result, but, I think dolphin is the exception. So, you might have a freebie replacement coming your way. I could be wrong, though.

What size is your dolphin. Some here seem to be of the opinion that if you have a shorter model, 18 ft or less and you don't load it up with crap, you might just get by with the 5 lug. Just get good at repacking the bearings.