1984 Sun Land Express

guitarlover519

Its been a bit since ive been by, been driving my toyhome as a daily driver. keeping my foot out of it and averaging 16.4 - 17 mpg.

Not bad...:weight_lift:

everything works so far!

Including the coach A/C he said was "broken". Plugged it into shore and it fired up.

The only thing im trying to research is the brakes.

New rotors, pads, and master cylinder. But she is grinding a bit still. he said it was just rust... hopefully i didnt get brake duped.

my only other issue is the rear inside tire has been loosing air every two days or so despite it being a brand spanking new tire. A can of fix a flat should take care of it though concidering its probably a rim leak...

guitarlover519

Its been a bit since ive been by, been driving my toyhome as a daily driver. keeping my foot out of it and averaging 16.4 - 17 mpg.

my only other issue is the rear inside tire has been loosing air every two days or so despite it being a brand spanking new tire. A can of fix a flat should take care of it though concidering its probably a rim leak...

With modern tires it's really unusual to have a rim leak unless the tire or rim is damaged, OR you git bitt by the tire monkey. Maybe it might help to remove the tire from the rim and look for damage, while the tire is off check the valve stem collar nut, if it's loose or the O ring is damaged remember to use a wrench on the flats of the valve stem to prevent it's moving while tightening the collar nut. If you have the newer style Toyota valve stems the machined flats are not there, they machined a slot in the center for a screwdriver to hold it. Handle the stem carefully, they are made of brass so bend easily.

vanman

I am taking it off this weekend. My neighbor has a tire machine we can pull the tire off with and ill take it down to the lake maybe and check for leaks.

I picked it up at the tire shop where the guy I purchased it from got the tires installed last fall. He said they were rotating the rear tire that is leaking now in order to make the valve stem reachable, so perhaps they reinstalled tit incorrectly.

Fix a flat is in it for now though and so far so good.