:Poster_oops: Well, that idea sucked ! I decided to decrease the spark plug gap from 32 thousandths to 25 thousandths thinking lesser gap would fire easier. After this bit of experimentation, the motorhome acted like it had a bad case of constipation. To whit- stomp on accelerator, engine go coughcough-BAWWWWWWWWW- no speed increase. Drove it home, pulled and re-gapped plugs to 32 thousandths, engine ran like a striped ape. Hard to believe that a few thousndths can make that difference, but it did.

Sometimes stock IS good. Also hard to believe that I made a mistake- I NEVER do that. I am now rocking my whimpering ego.

Rats ! :ranting2:

Narrowing the gap is not a good idea, as you found out. your ignition is of a high enough voltage to jump across the .032 gap. Narrowing that gap just means that the spark will not be as big. It might also cause damage to your ignition system because you are lowering the resistance between the coil and ground.

Just curious, where you experiencing any drivability issues to make you try this? If so, old plug wires are often the culprit. I just changed a set out in my old accord.

Sorry. Didn't give enough history. I installed a turbo on my motorhome. Had an issue with the previous plugs ( Ngk 5 heat range) and went to a NGK 7 heat range. Read a performance site that said sometimes boost presure will blow out the spark, so go less gap. Some guys go down to 20 thousandths. I tried this, didn't work. As you said, my replacement upgrade on the ignition handeled the wider gap fine. Just another piece of info learned. Thought I would share this with the other guys and guyettes on here.

Love the turbo. HP wise, just by seat of pants, I'd say it boosted the power from around the stock 100 to up around 140 or so. I'm still trying to tweak the mappng on the upgraded computer systemm I installed, so miliage is still up in the air. But, this thing will now accellerate up a hill. There are a few threads farther down the forum here that explain the process I used. Just look for turbo upgrade threads by yours truly, it will save me re-hashing .