Greetings to the Forum

TheDoverGuppy

Hello Everyone

I thought I'd say hello. My wife and I are new owners of a 1984 Coachman. I've been trolling on the board for a while and have already learned a lot. Our rig, named "The Guppy" seems to be in pretty good shape. It's got 75,000 miles on it, but I have every service record, down to the oil changes, and even have the original owner's manual. Everything works, though every seam on the thing is oozing with caulk. Of course the first hard rain that we had it parked, there were some very minor leaks that I may or may not have a handle on. We'll see.

Our goal is to restore it to take no more than a few hundred miles from home to various music festivals, and Punkin' Chunkin! (We are in Delaware) I'm a transplant from California and once we make sure that all the power, gas, water, tanks, etc are in good shape (again, they seem to be fine but we're getting a check-up next week) we hope to redo the interior. I'm taking as inspiration the interior of a party bus that would come to events we would go to in California. http://www.dodobus.com/TheBus.html

I'm handy enough to do most of this stuff myself, and luckily employed well-enough to pay for some of it when I need help.

I'm sure I'll be lurking around, or even asking questions here in the future!

Thanks for being out here!

post-6109-0-26803800-1332122078_thumb.jp

Welcome to the forum. The people here can help you with any problems that you have. I have been hanging out for about 8 months and the information that I get here is worth more money than I could afford.

TheDoverGuppy

Hello Everyone

Welcome, your Coachman appears to be in very good condition. I read thru some of the older posts when I first joined and learned most of what I know about our Dolphin there.

vanman

Welcome!

My Dolphin looks similar to your Toyhome. Mine had cheap wheel covers on, when I bought it. I got rid of those and repainted the wheels like yours. 4 yrs later, she still looks great! I need to redo the 80s interior, this yr.

Enjoy your Toy! B)

Tudy & "Cricket"