2012 July Midwest Toyota Rally - Wisconsin Dells

bufbooth

Hello All,

A Mid-West Toyota Rally is being held on July 23rd to July 29th (Mon - Sun) 2012 in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin at the Timberland campground.

Our group name is "Toyota Rally Group". The rate is $41 a night for an electric/water site for two adults and up to six children (under age 18) and $44 for an electric/water/sewer site. We need to make a $30 deposit when making the reservation. Check in time is 3pm and check out time is 1pm. Please try to make your reservations before April 30th.

For reservations call 1-800-774-0535 and tell them you are part of the "Toyota Rally Group". If you have any problems, ask for Al or Margie King. (http://www.dellstimberland.com)

During the summer, the campgrounds in the Wisconsin Dells area are usually full during the Friday to Monday time period. As a result, we have to get our reservations in early. They are holding eight sites next to each other for us until April 30, after that they will try to keep us together but no promises. They are already fully booked the week before the Rally.

Cancellation policy: if notice of cancellation is received more than 72 hours before check-in time, the deposit less a $10 canceling fee is returned. If notice of cancellation is received less than 72 hours before check-in time the entire deposit is forfeited.

Extras that we get are a free 2 for 1 Dells Discount card ($10 value), use of their circus tent, tables and chairs for our pot luck dinner and any other activities that we end up doing.

Details are at: http://www.pwatchsoftware.com\toyotarally\toyota-rally-events.doc

Map is at: http://www.pwatchsoftware.com\toyotarally\maps.doc

All RV campsites have a dedicated cable TV connection (you need to bring your own external cable), water faucet and electric pedestal. Other amenities are: WiFi Internet access, modern restrooms/showers, outdoor pool (it is a nice pool), Laundry building, free dump station, volleyball, shuffleboard, horse shoes, basketball, ping pong, hayrides, mini gold, video game room, and other kid friendly activities.

After you make your reservations, please send me an email at bufbooth@yahoo.com so I know how many will be attending.

The plan would be to have a number of optional events to attend as a group, and maybe lunch/dinner. There would still be the usual activities at the campground such as a pot luck dinner, Toyota Open House, how-to demonstration, group camp fire, RV item swap meet, etc…

Thank you,

Dennis and Bonnie Booth

bufbooth@yahoo.com

H: 317-844-4051

C: 317-590-6525

This sounds great. This is the second time that I have had a rally very close to my house. The first time was with a Scamp Camp at Devils Lake for fiberglass trailers. I live very close by and may be able to help out with information. Keep the information coming as you get it.

Could someone arrange to send a digital copy of the video to me? I will try to contact the drive-in. That would be fantastic to have a video on the big screen while a bunch of Toyhouses are parked in the back row. Talk about getting people's attention.

Could someone tell me how many rigs and people were at the last midwest rally? I would like to have the information when I contact the theater to get theri attention.

Hello Bob,

We had 19 Toyotas last year, but only had 15 of them in the Video.

I have the Video posted on youtube, but have the original camera version.

I can either mail you a CD of it or provide a link.

Dennis B...

I don't have the greatest internet connection at home and can't get any video at work. I will send you my mailing address by PM. the highest resolution possible for sure.

I tried sending a PM but was blocked.

• 2 weeks later...

Reservation Reminder: Need to get our reservations in by April 30th to ensure that

all our sites are together, and that we have sites. Campgrounds in the Wisconsin Dells

area do fill up fast in July.

Thanks,

Dennis B.

Being that I requested a WI venue, I feel bad that again this year we will not be able to attend, My service advisor has taken a new job, and I am now chained to my business untill I can find and train a replacement, all our summer plans are on hold.:Poster_oops:

Thank you

Dale

Reservation Reminder: Need to get our reservations in by April 30th to ensure that

all our sites are together, and that we have sites. Campgrounds in the Wisconsin Dells

area do fill up fast in July.

Thanks,

Dennis B.

• 2 weeks later...

Reservation Reminder:

Need to get our reservations in by April 30th to ensure that

all our sites are together, and that we have sites.

Campgrounds in the Wisconsin Dells area do fill up fast in July.

We are currently looking at 7 Toyotas (4 confirmed reservations and three soon to be made)

Thanks,

Dennis B

• 2 weeks later...

Reservation Reminder:

Need to get our reservations in ASAP since we are no past the April 30th deadline

that ensured all sites would be together.

We are currently looking at 10 Toyotas.

Thanks,

Dennis B

• 1 month later...

My family is geeked to the core; will be the heat of summer so many awesome things to do and seeing last years rally on big screen will be legendary

• 1 month later...

Can't wait to get out of work and head to the rally.

will be pulling an 8 hour drive today to get there tonight.

any sanctioned events planned yet by day? have I missed the cool stuff already?

Free Mt. olympus waterpark entry

OK folks you can give me a beer for this one:

what you will need:

1. an ID or smartphone
  2. an email address
  3. internet access

• go to http://www.mtolympuspark.com/ into the "book now" box at the top left (don't worry you wont be booking anything but free tickets)
  • enter "shellmto" into the promo code box and hit "find prices" button.
  • this will take you to a special page with a place to reserve a free waterpark ticket for one adult or child over 2. the ticket can be upgraded to all park for $15.
  • Enjoy courtesy of shell oil and Totem. :pirate:
  • we just redid this for each member of our party. all worked. did need different email for each member though.

• 2 weeks later...

It was really too bad that I could not attend the rally, as I am going to the same area in September. I plan to go to Fond du Lac, Oshkosh, and The Dells. Could not swing the Vacation time in July, but maybe next time! Where did you all stay when there? I have a long list of different parks around the Dells and Lake Winnebago area. I do plan to stay at the Edge O' the Dells over 21 park for just a couple days since I am a single male, and looks like there might be some wild and fun activities there with the Poker Run, pool parties, after midnight quiet time, and no little kids. Anyway, if you can, and when you can, please give us some of the exciting things done and pictures of the rally. Thanks Totem for the ticket info for Mt Ollympus Park. Peace!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Davidadro, we stayed at the Timberland campground, which I think is just about two miles down the road from the Edge O' Dells campground.

Timberland is pretty empty during the week since school is back in session and really pretty empty even on the weekends. All off the campsites

are nicely wooded. Dennis B.

Thanks Bufbooth for the Info. I have gone to their website and looks real nice. I dont know if I want to stay my entire vacation at the party hearty Edge O' the Dells. Hope we get some pictures of your rally, it would be great to see some of the posters here, and of the good times you all had. Happy Travels!

So cool! Great photos and turnout. I saw many different Toy's, Chinook, Odessey, Dolphin, Sea Breeze, Sunrader, Itasca. Thanks for sharing the good times had by all!