I've been watching Toyota motorhomes that are for sale on ebay and someone asked whether the steering relay rod recall had been done on this particular rv. Does anyone know about this recall?

I may be wrong but I thought the recall was on the 4x4 models, my son got the recall notice on his 90 4runner, took it in and they replaced the tierod across the front, no charge. Nice job too, looks like they were banging on the old one with a hammer, missed and hit the aluminum front dif cover a few times, but said it was like that when we brought it in, naturally, left 1 cotter pin off, probably was there, we just lost it ourselves I,m sure, and the wheel lock key disappeared never to be found again, had to pay a tire shop to remove the wheel locks so the snow tires could be mounted, funny thing too, we made sure the lock key was there in case the front wheels had to be removed when it was taken in the shop, but they claim they never seen it!!

Gotta love quality workmanship. :thumbdown:

I called the local Toyota dealership today and they said that recall doesn't effect us. We have a '93 Seabreeze. Glad to hear that. We also had a less than stellar experience with the local dealership when we had the head gasket recall done. They managed to slice into a brand new spark plug wire. left greasy handprints everywhere, and I don't how they did this, but knocked one of the cupholders out of its track on our center console. And left it lying there. Not a big deal, just sloppy. <_<