Electric heater question

snozzleberry

Hi all,

I am looking to buy an electric heater for my 20' Warrior. Any suggestions? I am considering a Duraflame DFS-450-2, but would like to spend less.

I will be using it in temps that dip into the teens and single digits on occasion. I would appreciate any advice.

Thaks a bunch.

If your talking about an inexpensive space heater, just about any big box store type will work. We have a small one (900/1600 watt) that we normally use it at the low (900 watt) setting ( I don't like running the 30 amp cord for shore power, I use a standard 50 ft extension cord when I can. We set the heater on a small cookie sheet (I don't like setting it directly on the carpet. It did a good job on the low setting (900 watts) down to about 25 degrees

At home, I like the oil filled ones as you they are less fire hazard, but for the Toy house, they are kind of large (look like an old style steam radiator).

Most of the space heaters have two or three temp ranges, the high range is usually in the 1600 watt range. When operating in that range, you need to have a good 30 amp service.

1000 watts is about equivalent to 3500 btu, so 1600 watts is about 5500 btu.

5500 btu should be OK at 10 deg, its going to depend on the winds.

I've been experimenting with ventless heaters and find that 3000 btu is good for about a 30 degree temperature differential. i.e. is its 30 deg outside I can hold the toyhouse temp at about 60.

John