Replacing old body graphics

FineArtist

Anybody ever replaced the body graphics (tape). I understand heatgun and alcohol take the old ones off, but what have folks found for new ones?

I have been wondering about this also. My '88 Escaper looks great except for the cracked and faded stripes. I have checked a couple of body shops and they have offered to spray some strips on but for some reason they did not gaurantee that they would stay on. I am guessing that the old paint does not bond properly with the new paint.

I am in the process of removing the body stripes from my Rockwood as we speak. It is to say the least a yyyy. I will then paint the whole rig and order replacement stripes on Ebay.

I am using a hot gun and a can of Aircraft decal and adhesive remover.

We took the faded and cracked decals off our Sunrader using an "eraser wheel" attachment and an electric drill. Kid at a body shop showed us how he does it. Got the 5" wheel on obay and it worked great. Just don't press too hard or a burn mark will occur.

McShank

Did anybody actually get the new replacement decals before removing the old ones? I didn't expect to find any decals for our 87 Dolphin and my wife was in a hurry. So she got 1 oz. bottles of acrylic craft paint at a Joanne's craft store and hand-painted new right over the old. Then she sprayed clear acrylic auto finish from a NAPA store over that for protection. Up close the work was obvious. From 8 feet it just looked like the edges were a little rough. From 25 feet you can't tell its not new. It has had 2 full summers now and still looks the same. Only problem was that my wife stood on the hood to paint the front decals and that broke loose the x brace under the hood. We now have 2 wide shallow dents in the hood.