Water heater fails to light

FineArtist

I've just acquired a 1989 Warrior and amongst other problems, the water heater fails to light. The pilot light goes on (weakly), but the main burner does not fire up. The Jade heat regulator unit might be faulty I'm thinking. Can these be fixed or must the be replaced? Open to suggestions.

Do a Google searxch for Atwood Watwer Heaters. You can easily find the owners manual that will include troubleshooting problems. These are pretty good manuals. There is a seperate manual for electronic ignition and standing pilot.

I have printed manuals for water heater, furnace, AC, and refrigerator and keep them in the RV at all times.

• 2 weeks later...

You might have a bad themostat or gas regulator switch. The themostat is the copper coil/wire that the pilot light flame is under.

The pilot light heats up the themostat and when hot enough (usually in 30 to 60 seconds), the themostat will open the

regulator valve allowing propane to enter the main burner. Are you leaving the pilot light on for 60 seconds before switching

it over to main/full?

Dennis B.

I don't turn my main burner on. I just leave my water heater on pilot. Takes a while to heat up, but keeps it hot, once its heated. Good if you don't use a lot of hot water. :)