Anyone with a 4X4, 4WD Toyota Motorhome or anyone looking to do a 4WD swap a new axle choice

I was discussing wheel stuff in another thread and it reminded me of a new axle choice for Toyota trucks and 4Runners (motorhome straight axle Toys too )

The FJ80/FZJ80 front axle is very similar to the stock mini truck solid axle but much stronger and 4 inches wider per side (not a problem at all on a motorhome, actually creates more stabilty) and this axle carries more weight than any of our toy homes do or will in front.

It uses a high pinion differential which beleive it or not you can bolt into your existing housing under a mini truck, it was designed this wy to reduce vibration in a luxury SUV but it also saves diff damage off road (yes I know we arent talking offroading here ok) but less vibration in 4wd is a plus, esp. at highway speed.

it come with a flange on the hub which makes it full time 4wd, but you can bolt your same mini lockout hub onto it and have free wheeling like now.

what enables these to be used now and not before is 2 companys make steering arms(Virginia 4X4, Hellfire fabworks), Hellfire fabworks makes steering ams and knuckles for extreme off road use, not something you would use on your motorhomes probably.

These axles were designed for radius arm suspension with coil springs, the original steering wouldnt clear factory toyota leaf springs.

up until now there were only "Bandaid" kits for putting these under a mini truck. I will post up some steering knuckle kit pics and an FJ80 axle after all the coil sping brackets were removed.

80axlesanabrackets.jpg

• 1 month later...