city water connection

90toydolphin

<br />my 1990 dolphin has two places to connect city water. why? afraid to connect, don't want to power wash the interior. two locations for convenience?

On our 92 the fill port for the white water tank is behind the drivers door under a small white plastic door. The city water input is to the rear and below that and is a standard water hose threaded fitting. I would advise to get a pressure reducer before hooking up to the city water as the RV is piped for low water pressure and too high a water pressure can cause problems with piping and even the check valve in the Sureflo water pump. We went all the way and have a 90 degree fitting to put on thr RV port and also a filter. The non-kinking water hoses the RV stores also have are easier to deal with and don't have that rubber taste most regular garden hoses do. JC

Does the hose fit both? There is a strange fitting on some of the fresh water fill housings that as near as I can tell has no known use and nothing fits it, the one on mine is not connected to any thing inside it's just there. If some one has a guess I would love to know it has no threads and reminds me of a quick connect, seen it on several Toys. If there are two that the hose fits have a look inside of the fitting and see if there is a valve with a little spring on it inside. It's in the city water fitting to keep the MH pump from pumping all your tank water out on the ground.

both are set up to attach a hose to. the fresh water tank has a separate fill behind a door. so i have three places for fresh water, two with hose connection, one on the drivers side the other on the back left of the spare tire, and a third behind a locked door. btw, any ideas where to get the key for the water door which is shorter than any regular key. it doesn't open storage door or battery door, just the water door. weird.

'90toydolphin' both are set up to attach a hose to. the fresh water tank has a separate fill behind a door. so i have three places for fresh water, two with hose connection, one on the drivers side the other on the back left of the spare tire, and a third behind a locked door. btw, any ideas where to get the key for the water door which is shorter than any regular key. it doesn't open storage door or battery door, just the water door. weird.

ON ours it's a DECO 1 RV key, do a google and you'll find a range of $14 to $5 for a pair. This key opens the white water fill, Electrical cord/antenna door, and a small access door on the drivers side that's an access to some plumbing fittings. These type of locks are easily replacable and easy to find, I'm gonna replace 'em all with the same keyed lock "one of these days", there are 5 keys on our ring now. vanman

'90toydolphin' both are set up to attach a hose to. the fresh water tank has a separate fill behind a door. so i have three places for fresh water, two with hose connection, one on the drivers side the other on the back left of the spare tire, and a third behind a locked door. btw, any ideas where to get the key for the water door which is shorter than any regular key. it doesn't open storage door or battery door, just the water door. weird.

ON ours it's a DECO 1 RV key, do a google and you'll find a range of $14 to $5 for a pair. This key opens the white water fill, Electrical cord/antenna door, and a small access door on the drivers side that's an access to some plumbing fittings. These type of locks are easily replacable and easy to find, I'm gonna replace 'em all with the same keyed lock "one of these days", there are 5 keys on our ring now. vanman

thanks for the key info, changing the locks makes sense too.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still snooping in all the cabinets and found what the fitting was for on the back of the rig. It comes trough the wall to a water valve with a short hose on it, by guess is to clean the toilet if necessary, or flush the black water tank. So mystery solved.