electric winch addition?

toyota222

Does anyone out there have an electric winch hook-up? I don't know if this would warrant installing one, but hear me out. I have a 14.5 ft. kayak that is loaded and unloaded with a 2-person crew. And I'm tossing around in my brain whether this chore could be done with one person. The chore currently requires center/vertical positioning of the kayak by person (1) at the REAR of the vehicle (21 ft. Sunrader), while person (2) pulls a rope attached to the bow of the kayak (top) from the FRONT of the vehicle. As the rope is pulled from the front by person (2), person (1) in the rear simultaneously lifts the aft (bottom) of the kayak until it tips and is nuzzled in the roof saddle/carrier. It's not the weight (75 lbs.) of the kayak as much as the awkwardness of the situation. I thought that a winch on the rear of the vehicle could be threaded to the bow's rope in the front and be controlled electrically, while physically stabilizing the kayak on it's ascent to the carrier on the roof. Just want to think this one out-loud to the community before I jump in... thanks!