Protecting Electrical Cords

SqueezerBob

I'm loading up my 91 Warrior ("IRV") for the Walnut Valley music festival in Winfield, Kansas. I'll be running my power cord across a busy dirt road, and am looking for some kind of way to protect it from the traffic. I know I've seen others use a durable rubber product, but I haven't been able to find anything online. HELP!

Is there a culvert close by that you can run through. Most of the cord protectors that I have seen are meant to protect the cord from pedestrian traffic. You could try making a protector out of a couple of 2x4 pieces of lumber hooked together with extra peices holding the long boards together. HOWEVER, I don't think they would last very long with vehicle traffic.

I would not let my cord get run over by any vehicles, especially on a gravel road like most festivals have. Also, remember to run a heavy enough cord to run your heaviest electric load. Most people use a cord that is WAY to light.

SqueezerBob'I'm loading up my 91 Warrior for the Walnut Valley music festival in Winfield, Kansas. I'll be running my power cord across a busy dirt road, and am looking for some kind of way to protect it from the traffic. I know I've seen others use a durable rubber product, but I haven't been able to find anything online. HELP!!!!!!

I do not believe any of the non metallics are durable enough to work for this. I would suggest 1/2 " iron water pipe but first take a pick ax and make a small trench to run the pipe thru then cover it with enough dirt to prevent the tires from grabbing it. That should do it. JC

I'll assume you are talking about your power cord if so it will be pretty hard to find some thing big enough to get the plug through that still can be driven over. dig a trench just big enough for the cable and cover it with plywood, plywood is quite strong and will stand being driven over. They do make a cable mat that is meant for floors the cables fit inside it's more for a tripping hazard but it's probably too flexable for a dirt road.