floor of sunrader

84 4x4 sunrader

hey everyone i need help with my floor it is mush and the fuel tank has risen into the floor i think i need to drop tank and jack the floor up and weld more support in the front area on top of frame rails the previous owners were on the large side so floor suffered also it looks like the fiberglass has delammed at seems underneath i also need to reinforce at bolt down points anyway if anyone has suggestions i would appreciate it thanks a ton justin

my floor is sunk down to where it is sitting on fuel tank which is lifting stove and floor is uneven i think i need to jack up floor and support it in the front area and it seems to have delammed at the seems underneath i have a few ideas but would love more input also is it possible to remove plywood floor with out damaging and replacing with new wood thanks alot justin

Justin, I merged your duplicate posts into one. Fixing floors is a tuff job. If you look at some of the Sunrader Brochures you will see a description on how they are laminated together. The top layer is 3/8 inch plywood, then 1/2 inch foam then a skin of aluminum on the bottom. After time the layers delaminate which allows for even more flexing. Mine was also like yours but not as bad. What I did was remove all the carpet then lay down 1/2 inch plywood on top of the existing floor. One thing that I did not do was ad some bracing. If I have to do it over I will add some 2x4's on the under side and screw down from the top into the 2x4 creating a sandwich so to speak. As far as reattaching the fiberglass to the plywood I would have no idea. A boat repair shop might have a good idea for that. Anyhow putting the 1/2 inch ply down made a big difference for our rig. I did not glue it down in case one day I need to take it out.

Greg