Lots of upgrades you may find interesting

Hi guys,

thought I'd share a bunch of things we have done to make life lovely on the road!

Totally reno-ed the bathroom after finding my holding tanks were shot and a big rot patch in the back wall. Cut my old square black water box out of the shower pan and re-fiberglassed it flat, painted it and got some thin plastic shower walls to cover the hideous wall paper... that was only behind the shower pan relying on a 30 yr old bead of caulk to protect from water! Had to go. Turned out amazing. Replaced the toilet with a small porta potty which is much more practical for us and leaves lots of extra room for storage. Funny though we haven't used the sweet new shower yet! post-4237-0-23890200-1309802481_thumb.jp

installed another 110v outlet near the table area as the only one was at the end by the sink. Great and very useful. Also have a small 300watt inverter located in the same area.

did away with the single metal post tiny wobbly table, and made myself a sweet cedar one that tucks in the hatch space and mounts on two brackets, plus a removable leg. Just added two attachments on the outside too so that we can set it up in the campsite. Love this mod so much! The metal holes in the floor are now gone and I installed some thick vinyl floating tiles that are super durable and a nice bamboo looking pattern.

In the cab I removed the headliner that was flopping around and all the ugly orange carpeting and pleather wrapped trim pieces. Replaced them with a nice white carpet headliner and fir trim, as well as a new pretty plywood hatch.

Above the cab there was always condensation under the mattress in colder weather so I put in a 1" hard foam insulation layer with a cutout on the hatch so it is still removable. (lost it's slide function, but we rarely use it anyway. Really made a huge difference and no-more condensation under there!

Also in the cab the stereo was terrible, and had only two surface mounted 4 inch speakers. with that engine it was hopeless. In the side walls behind the seats there are two covered vents (78) so I cut out a space and mounted 6x9s in there. Took up no space and sounds great. I originally thought I'd go with boxes but space is tight back there. So this is a good way to go.

One other thing that was great was removing a small medicine cabinet mirror from the area above the fridge. There was at least 80% wasted space so I changed it to be 4 open shelves. This is the most appreciated fix for sure.

Anyway, thanks for all the tips and knowledge on here!

happy cruising~!