I was trying to make it down to Aero tanks to get a larger 30 gal tank before my trip next month but it doesnt look like I am going to be able to get off work for a few days to do that. So anyways yesterday I dropped my tank to clean it and it was way worse then I thought. And the guy who sold it to me told me he just changed the fuel pump which I found out was a complete lie but the 1/4 inch of rust on the fuel pump that was in there. So while I was dropping my tank I had noticed the line the breaks away for the generator fuel supply goes up and sits higher then the tank. The generator I just got is just a gravity fed carb and I was planning on just hooking this fuel supply to the fuel tank but now I dont see how this would work. Did the generators that were in these have fuel pumps on them to pull the fuel from that tank or am I just overlooking something?

My generac has a fuel pump. When I removed to replace the starter I added an inline valve to shut off the flow of fuel. My fuel line for the generator sits higher so the fuel is pulled down by gravity after I sifon(spelling?) some into the fuel line. However, as the tank drops to 1/4 full the fuel flow is deprived and the fuel pump or sifon is needed aftter gasing up to get fuel back in the line. Honestely that is the only tim I felt the pump was needed.

The good thing about the valve I installed is that I could fill up a portable generator from my main tank with the twist of of the valve. Very convenient and has come in handy many times to gas up my motorbike. Simply pull the fuel line off the generator and you have a personal fueling station.

I was trying to make it down to Aero tanks to get a larger 30 gal tank before my trip next month but it doesnt look like I am going to be able to get off work for a few days to do that. So anyways yesterday I dropped my tank to clean it and it was way worse then I thought. And the guy who sold it to me told me he just changed the fuel pump which I found out was a complete lie but the 1/4 inch of rust on the fuel pump that was in there. So while I was dropping my tank I had noticed the line the breaks away for the generator fuel supply goes up and sits higher then the tank. The generator I just got is just a gravity fed carb and I was planning on just hooking this fuel supply to the fuel tank but now I dont see how this would work. Did the generators that were in these have fuel pumps on them to pull the fuel from that tank or am I just overlooking something?