RV Rubber Vinyl Molding

grouch

We are restoring a 1991 Dolphin motorhome. It is in good condition except for the two sides of the top bunk. Hubby is doing a good job of replaceing them. We want to replace all of the outside rubber or vinyl molding. Our local RV supply store does not carry any molding that appears to be the size needed. Would someone please tell me the size needed or how to measure the existing molding. I will have to order the molding and if anyone has a special place they order these things from please let me know. Thanks for your help. Patty in Nebraska

We are restoring a 1991 Dolphin motorhome. It is in good condition except for the two sides of the top bunk. Hubby is doing a good job of replaceing them. We want to replace all of the outside rubber or vinyl molding. Our local RV supply store does not carry any molding that appears to be the size needed. Would someone please tell me the size needed or how to measure the existing molding. I will have to order the molding and if anyone has a special place they order these things from please let me know. Thanks for your help. Patty in Nebraska

My brother and his wife just replaced the molding around the front and back windows and the molding covering the joints/screws on their '90 SeaBreeze (should be same as yours - same manufacturer). Both were very common materials they got from the local RV parts store. The molding over the joints/screws looked wider and flatter than the original, but when it is put in place it is clearly the same stuff. Take your Dolphin with you or take a piece of the old material to your local RV parts/repair store and I'm sure they can match it.

OUR LOCAL RV STORE WAS OF NO HELP ON THIS. WE TOOK A PIECE OF THE MOLDING THERE AND THEY SAID THEY DID NOT HAVE ANY TO MATCH IT. I WILL NEED TO ORDER IT AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD REPLACED THEIRS AND IF SO WHAT SIZE DID THEY USE. Patty in Nebraska

http://www.all-rite.com/screw-covers-trims-c-52.html will show you some of the various styles of the vinyl trim that covers up the screw around the RV. This company can probably tell you how to measure as well. All Rite has many other hard to find RV parts. I've called several times and always spoke with a helpful person. If you click on each trim style it will tell you it's measurement. ....I'm just not sure if that is inner/outer etc.