Electric hot water heater

Has anyone tried this gas to electric hot water heater conversion kit?

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/hott-rod-water-heater-conversion-kits/8089

It appears that it simply installs in the drain hole of the water heater. Would add some pain for draining the tank for winter, but I must admit there is some appeal to having the campground pay to heat my hot water rather than running propane.

I see that there are new heaters that now are hybrid (gas or electric) versions.

Another alternative (expensive) for hot water is to go with a tankless version that installs in the existing hot water heater location. The nice part of that is on-demand hot water with no wait.

http://www.gaswaterheaters.com/boatsandrvwaterheaters/RV500/index.htm

Wow the flash heaters are pretty dear! Do you need endless hot water? How much does your fresh water tank hold? The electric ones are OK but the propane heats the water a lot faster I have found if my pilot is lit on my water heater over night I'll have 6 gallons of hot water in the morning. The heaters really don't use much propane they sound like they do but they are pretty efficient mine takes about 10 minutes to make 6 gls. of hot water.

Hi--we have an electric element in our 1992 Itasca Spirit and love it. While it doesn't recover as fast as the propane, it satisfies our full-timer needs just fine. If I find I need more hot water quickly, I fire up the propane along with the electric and viola!

Like you, I have a small leak on the right side which seems to go away when the engine warms. Has been this way now for three years. I am watching, with interest, the responses you get concerning your leak.