Roof strength

gene jo

I would like to get up on top of my 92 Dolphin and do some re-sealing of things but I'm concerned about how strong the roof would be as I'm about 230 lbs. I would hate to have a foot go through the roof. Does anyone have information or suggestions on how I would approach this?

Gene

I weigh 205 and walk on my roof ('85 Dolphin) but I'm careful where I step. I try to stay on top of the roof framing which can be seen by the slightly raised lines extending across the roof. Much more solid. I've also used two pieces of 1/4" plywood about two feet square. Stand on one piece and move the other one in the direction you're moving. Its a little slow getting around but the plywood distributes your weight over a larger area, putting less pressure in a small area. Works fine.

John

I weigh 205 and walk on my roof ('85 Dolphin) but I'm careful where I step. I try to stay on top of the roof framing which can be seen by the slightly raised lines extending across the roof. Much more solid. I've also used two pieces of 1/4" plywood about two feet square. Stand on one piece and move the other one in the direction you're moving. Its a little slow getting around but the plywood distributes your weight over a larger area, putting less pressure in a small area. Works fine.

John

Good idea, I'll try that....thanks