Creating more coach storage space

ILIA

While attempting to troubleshoot a furnace problem I've started to look at the problem from a different perspective. I own an 86 Sunland Express with the furnace located beneath the shelves that are directly below the closet door. Closet-shelves-furnace from top to bottom if you can envision the design. The previous owner already rebuilt the shelves in order to extend further back maximizing shelve space, and he actually stored extra radiator hoses and belts next to the furnace in the surrounding space. This is what made me start thinking about ripping out the furnace, installing a small door to cover the whole, install an Olympian Wave 6 on the door, and voila! This set-up not only saves battery power while heating, but also creates a secret storage compartment. Of course this is just an idea and actions do speak louder than words. The reason I decided to share this idea is because I wonder how many of you others have done mods similar to the one mentioned in order to create extra space for clothing, chemicals, batteries, etc.

Also, not sure if this was ever posted. I ended up raising the height of the couch by stacking 3 2x4s under the left and right side running front to back. Drilled large holes through them, bought longer bolts, and bolted her right back in as she was prior. Except now she's a few inches higher :). All of a sudden the couch actually became comfortable to sit on and there's so much more room underneath! Might have to put in a second water tank for the trips into no-mans land.