weight

g-mama

I was wondering if anyone knew the weight of a 1984 Huntsman Toyota Motorhome. Unable to locate the weight on mine and i have to have a smog done.

I'm totally unfamiliar with your smog test requirements. They require an actual weight! They wouldn't be happy with a published weight? Is this just for motorhomes? What's 'Plan B' if the weight exceeds the GVWR? (Make sure all your tanks are empty!)

If this is Calif, they may require an actual Weight slip???

I bought a pickup (from out of state) several years ago and when I went to register it in CA, DMV told me to get a weight slip ($10 at almost anywhere that has truck scales)

My pickup weighed exactly 3,999 lbs - coincidentally 4,000 lbs kicks you into a higher registration fee bracket.

Very nice Scale Operator informed me of this, and adjusted the drivers TARE weight accordingly, NO , I don't weight 435 lbs butwiggle[1].gif

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

If this is Calif, they may require an actual Weight slip???

I bought a pickup (from out of state) several years ago and when I went to register it in CA, DMV told me to get a weight slip ($10 at almost anywhere that has truck scales)

My pickup weighed exactly 3,999 lbs - coincidentally 4,000 lbs kicks you into a higher registration fee bracket.

Very nice Scale Operator informed me of this, and adjusted the drivers TARE weight accordingly, NO , I don't weight 435 lbs butwiggle[1].gif

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

Hey is that the exercise routine you use to stay under that 435 mark? LOL

Same thing happened for me here in Calif. Bought a truck from a dealer (previousily a lease out of Oregon) and after driving around for a few days they called me up and said "We need your truck back so that we can have it weighed for the DMV". Our Toyota Gulfstream which was last registered in Massachusetts and sat in Nevada for 5 years did not require to be weighed. All I had to do was drive it down to the DMV for a VIN confirmation. I purchased the MH one weekend (in Reno Nevada), took the Pink Slip to the DMV during the week and got all the paperwork taken care of and drove the MH home the next weekend. Once DMV confirmed the VIN they handed me my new license plates and I was done. They did not care that the previous owner had failed to register it in Nevada or renew the reg in Mass. They said that was his problem not mine.

i allso have a 1984 Huntsman it reads on th door

The Hundsman Co.

GVWR--------------4825

F --------------------2050

R--------------------2905