Chinook Pop-Top "Optional Adult Bunks"?

Spur

• 1 month later...

I would love to see pictures or video of these so I can figure out how they work, or how to replicate them.

Thanks!!

I have pictures/instructions in my chinooky manual. it looks like a real rinkydink hammock that has you climbing like a monkey to get up in them. I look at my chinook and wonder myself how they could have been an avaiolable option on mine

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought a '76 chinook and it has not only intact, but mint condition top bunks, or should i say gilligan hammocks. after unsnapping the covers, out swing from each side, a blue canvas hammock. they must come together and there is a pin to lock them. how a person gets up there and into them is anyone's guess. the hardware on the scissor action is pretty heavy duty so they went meant to last. i would suggest carrying an optional tent for guests and only in extreme weather use the bunks. I can send pics. but snapping the covers over them is a pain in the rear. the canvas is tight after 35 years and some of my snaps don't comply much.