Need to carry extra gas

warrior92

The wife and i will be going to Texas Motor Speedway in a few weeks to watch the Samsung 500. I caint wait this will be the first time i have ever been to the races. And the best thing is we get to take the toy and do some camping. At the race trac we will be staying in reserved camping at Victory Circle. They have no hook ups so i will be runing my Generator. They say you can bring 10 gallons of gas per site. I need a good way to carry extra gas cans, Anybody have any pictures of or any ideas?

Eddie in Texas

I assume you're using a portable generator. Have you figured out how much gas you'll need? And of course you'll only need to carry the 10 gallons of gas from the nearest gas station to the campsite. Or you could just drive in with a full 17 gallon tank and then siphon off as needed!

This generator in the MH or a portable? The more you power the more fuel you'll use but unless you run the A/C all the time your not going to use much fuel. Like Derek said get it out of your MH tank if you need it if it's portable if it's attached to the MH don't worry about it you'll never use a full tank ( I think the 2800 watt only uses .2 gallons per hour full tilt) and the generator won't run your tank dry it 's pickup does not go to the bottom. It's probably not a real good ideal to run the generator while you are not there any way so that's even less hours. Personally I would do every thing possible not to carry fuel in a MH.

Hello Eddie,

You can go with ATV gas cans, they are extremely rugged (they mount on the racks of ATVs).

The following website has several options and you should be able to do a lot better on

the prices on ebay or Amazon, or with different brands.

If you have a rear mounted spare tire, that might be a good place to mount one off of.

www.rotopax.com/Gasoline/

Dennis...

They say you can bring 10 gallons of gas per site. I need a good way to carry extra gas cans, Anybody have any pictures of or any ideas?

I just put a 5 gallon jerry can (Blitz brand - essentially identical to the old military jerry can) on the bumper of my '92 Winnebago Warrior. I used the carrier, also made by Blitz, designed for the can. It is designed to bolt to either a horizontal or vertical surface, and I attached it to my rear bumper. Because the bumper was a little too close to the back of the coach, I had my brother (a machinist) make an aluminum plate to attach to the bumper using U-bolts, then the jerry can carrier was bolted to the plate, using holes my brother tapped in the plate so that no nuts are required and it fits flush to the bumber. I bought metal straps (instead of nylon) to hold the can to the carrier so that it can be locked. The strap also keeps someone from opening the can and siphoning the gas.

I will be running the genny that is attached to my front bumber. I wanted to carry at least an extra 5 gallon can to refill with if need be. David do you have a few pictures of the can and holder that you made. That is the idea that i have as well. I thought i would build something here at my shop. Does the gas can have to be a metal one or can i take the 5 gallon plastic one i already have for my lawn mowers?

Eddie in Texas