I decided I needed a sliding door between the coach and the cab on my Sunrader. Something that is open while driving but that I can close when I'm parked. has anyone seen anything like this? In the limited looking around I've done I've not seen any thing more than a curtain. I'm brainstorming ideas on how to secure everthing. In order for the door to not block the passage between the coach and the cab in the retracted position it cannot be very wide, which means in the closed position there is a large gap. This will not be a problem because the bathroom will be blocking the opening. I've mocked the slider up a bit but there are many details I still need to figure out. It would be nice to see some other examples.

Thanks,

Brian

post-4443-0-81922200-1300524884_thumb.jp

post-4443-0-11222800-1300524949_thumb.jp

post-4443-0-46519300-1300524993_thumb.jp

Do you need a door or would a heavy curtain work?

I have a heavy curtain that works great for light, sound, and heat. goto this link and scroll down to the bottom:

http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3669

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

• 2 weeks later...

My original thought was to just add a curtain but I decided I wanted something a little more robust, after someone broke into my cab.

I Thought about adding a window but it was too much work and I figured I'd just leave the door open while driving. Though I have to admit the sound is deafening with everything removed from the coach.

Installing a sliding door is kind of a mess. I'm basically shifting the shower closet over about 1.0 inches (which I've had to cut in half to fix the shower pan) this is causing alignment issues with the toilent flange and the bathroom vent. Everything is fixable but it is a lot of work.

post-4443-0-15648500-1301644965_thumb.jp

post-4443-0-83157300-1301645006_thumb.jp

That slide looks pretty good so far :-)

I was amazed at the sound difference by closing the opening. Even with the thick curtain that I used, I could actually carry on a normal conversation with the person in the passenger seat without hollering. Also made a huge difference in heating the truck cab. I had to turn the heat down (20deg F outside) Of course none of this heat was getting back to the coach, but we kept the furnace set at 50.

John Mc

88 Dolphin 4 Auto

I decided I needed a sliding door between the coach and the cab on my Sunrader. Something that is open while driving but that I can close when I'm parked. has anyone seen anything like this? In the limited looking around I've done I've not seen any thing more than a curtain. I'm brainstorming ideas on how to secure everthing. In order for the door to not block the passage between the coach and the cab in the retracted position it cannot be very wide, which means in the closed position there is a large gap. This will not be a problem because the bathroom will be blocking the opening. I've mocked the slider up a bit but there are many details I still need to figure out. It would be nice to see some other examples.

Thanks,

Brian

That finished job is just beautiful. I love the neat look. Sadly it looks expensive though. I will have to go with Johns snap on curtain idea, but will be using heavy duty black-out backed curtain material, a panel at Walmart is $11.00 -snaps another $5.

A whole lot of work to do since you have to start redoing plumbing. Perhaps a light lift-out panel instead? Crooks wouldn't know if it was 1/8" luan or 3/4" plywood! Could be laid on the bunk while not in use? Or hinge it at the top? In the raise position it would stop 'stuff' on the bunk from falling out?