As a new recruit - with so many many toyota motorhome models and mechanical options, hard to make choices. I like the shorter ones. The Sunrader and Chinook appear to be the fiberglass models with better leak-proof cabs. Are there others that are made from molds? Does the Sunrader come with a one-ton chasis and rear-end as well? Are some of the other models better constructed than others and are some less prone to leaking than others? I am looking at a mini-cruiser now and wonder how well they are constructed. Thanks for any help. John

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

They are not Toyota models. Toyota supplies the chassis and cab to the coachbuilder. The coachbuilder puts everything together and sells it under their name. There was a recall to replace the rear 1/2 ton axle to a 1 ton axle. In later years ('88 and later) everything, complete chassis, was 1 ton.

There's also a Toyota Mirage Rv. Although, there aren't many of them around, but there are out there, especially around Indiana and Chicago area. They are one of the shorter one and in my eyes the most unique looking one. I had posted a couple pictures of my Mirage which I had recently put 4000 miles driving from Columbus to Seattle. Check it out.