Some Toyota engines tend to sludge with high load conditions. In 2001, I was on a cross country trip and my oil burned off a quart every 3000 miles and was sludgy. I changed the oil on the road 3 times, and it kept happening. Conditions were hot, with the air conditioner going, and I drove fairly fast. My engine wasn't burning it in the sense that the engine was burning it, the oil I was using was burning off because it had a low flash point. When I got home, I did some research and that's what I found. I have switched to synthetic oil in the differential, engine, and automatic transmission fluid. I use Amsoil synthetic and filters on long trips and cheaper synthetic oil and filters when it's sitting around and not going very far.

Your enginer will run cooler and you might get a couple of extra miles per gallon. Don't take my word for it... Do some online research and get more facts.

An additional benefit: I also had someone drain my oil out of my engine once and the only thing that saved my engine was the left over synthetic oil still on the cylinders. No engine damage....