The original Curtains had nice tie back straps that were used to hold the curtains open.

When we made our new curtains (Actually, we didn't make them, we bought curtains for the big windows and cut the bottoms off. AND, bought the matching valance for the small windows, didn't have to modify them at all.:ThumbUp:

We sewed a strip of Valcro (loop) to the top end of the curtain, then screwed the original round Hook pieces above or below the curtain rail to hold the curtain open. If the Curtain won't stay closed, screw another Hook piece at the end to hold the curtain closed.

NOTE - The curtain hanging system we used required that we sew a glide strip to the top of the curtains. This strip then snaps into the rail.

post-4544-0-56250500-1297084262_thumb.jp

post-4544-0-67938400-1297084271_thumb.jp

I like recycling things!

Those plastic curtain rails are great and have used them in other campers. They can get a bit brittle over time tho and they tend to break at the screw holes for some reason (especially on the ends). I found that the screw holes were spread out a bit too wide and it helped to add a few more (You'll need to countersink them obviously).

The original plastic rails were to brittle and the plastic that sewed to the fabric was also brittle. couldn't salvage any of it. Also, couldn't find the exact replacement.

I bought new rails and slides from Tweety's

http://tweetys.com/g...llmountkit.aspx

The only problem, the rails are only 45 inches long. These are not long enough for the big windows. So I needed two of them for the big windows. Don't try and use a long piece and a short piece for the big windows. The curtain slides don't move across the joint vary well, so its best to put the joint in the middle so the curtains don't need to move across it..

Cut the two halves the same length so the seam is in the middle of the window. You can order the rails separately. ALSO - Be careful, the rails come in vertical or horizontal mounting.