85 20 ft coachmen needs new muffler and cat converter and valve adjustment (just passed 45k). Am i stupid to think that 4000 miles will not make a big difference or should i spend the extra day and get it done before this weeks cross country trip? Also replacing shocks and saw some really like the toy OEM ones. Will these also work on the whale I drive? It's got the upgraded duallie axle. Thanks.

Edited by dogmush

I don't think that another 4000 miles will adversely effect your trip. But, I have one other question. If the exhaust is getting a little fuzzy around the edges( rusty-leaking- you know), I would replace it. After 21 years , definately replace the shocks. I would reccommend a sport truck shock, but some don't like the ride harshness. I want my unit to corner like a Fomula 1 car, or come close to that ideal. But, most normal people think I'm nuts.

I too prefer the increased performance over comfort. What shocks do you recommend? And yes, the exhaust is in real bad shape, leaks throughout muffler and cat. I saw someone said they got incredible performance increase with a highflow cat and muffler. Knowing NOTHING about exhausts, can I expect this if i get the right parts with the right specs? I saw someone said they got excellent results for their 22RE by using 2" hi flow cat into muffler and ending with 2.25 stainless. Mine's not injected but will this same config do a nice trick of increased perf for me as well? Thanks again.

Edited by dogmush

Well, with the exhaust system you have now, definately get rid of it. Why gas yourself when a few hundred bucks will keep you alive. I, myself, always go by the adage" If it can't get out, it can't get in" in relation to exhaust systems. As I recall, I think the standard exhaust diameter is 1 7/8 inches. I would go to a muffler shop and go to the larger diameter pipe. I went with 2 1/4 all the way back. Seems to workout fine, but I have a Turbo. Still, go as big as possible.

Shockwise, let me check out my records, if I can find them. I went with Carquest Sportbruisers all the way around. Get back to you later on that one.

Ok Dogmush. By the way- WHY did you pick that name ? Ok- back to the subject at hand. The two shock numbers from Carquest is "SHK ( thats a vendor code) 50682 and SHK 50692." I hope you will come back on here and appease my wife , who WILL threaten to turn me into a eunich if I don't re-establish the status quo in the replacement of archives long-lost. I got piles of paper S**T all over the kitchen floor.

Ok Dogmush. By the way- WHY did you pick that name ?

At the time i first got email, I was running dogsled tours out of a tiny ski area in the rockies... I had 25 alaskan huskies and EVERYDAY I collected a certain substance to keep the kennels clean. With 25 of them, this substance was constantly on my mind and since I was alone, (except for the dogs) living out of a late 70's toy chinook, I had no help. I also found myself answering A LOT of others' questions regarding the training and keeping of their dogs, so I thought dogmush the name would basically cover all bases regarding the keeping/training/loving of the wonderful canine critter... r u paper training puppies?

I R not paper training puppies. But let me tell ya this, it's a story about two visitingBeagles in a garage for about an hour . They left. I was out in the garage later, saw what I thought was a dirty rag on the floor. I bent down, did the swoopy thing with a hand to pick up the rag. Fingers went through the supposed rag leaving three trails in the glop. I was not happy.