Looks like I need to find a good Toyota person, someone who is can troubleshoot and repair. Nothing urgent. CEL diagnosis and loss in mpg. I am in South Texas for a couple months, but then will head to Florida for March , April I will travel up the East Coast and May I will be back in New England.

• 1 month later...

Looks like I need to find a good Toyota person, someone who is can troubleshoot and repair. Nothing urgent. CEL diagnosis and loss in mpg. I am in South Texas for a couple months, but then will head to Florida for March , April I will travel up the East Coast and May I will be back in New England.

Hi Chris ...

It looks like you and I will be running pretty close to the same schedule. I just left Louisiana, am in Wildwood FL now, will be in Daytona most of March, then up the east coast to the Catskills of NY by the end of March (Dol needs to be inspected and registered). I am looking for a good mechanic in the northeast myself. I know a great one in Fort Collins CO ... Choice City Auto 970-484-2227. He put a tune up on Dol like I couldn't believe! 14-17 mpg and power like I didn't think she had! If all else fails I may schedule a trip back out there to have him work on her again. Haven't been satisfied with anyone else I've tried in NY or LA. Let me know if you find somebody. Maybe we'll meet up somewhere along the way.

Happy Trails!

Hello,

I'm in New England, I do automotive work for a small clientèle as a hobby - everything and anything, mostly extensive jobs on exotics, after the dealer had the car and still couldnt solve it...... much more soothing than yoga. Aside from working on various Toyota trucks and RVs, I've owned a few RVs, (currently a Dolphin) and loads of Toyota trucks and SUVs....

i'm not offering my services, but if you'd like I can help walk you through some of the troubleshooting, then you can bring the car to the dealer for proper replacement of parts.

George

I have an appointment with a guy in Gainesville next week. Gypsy....maybe we can meet for coffee somewhere along the way?

I have an appointment with a guy in Gainesville next week. Gypsy....maybe we can meet for coffee somewhere along the way?

Coffee sounds good. Have been thinking about going up to Ocala to cut across 40 to Daytona. Not sure what day yet ... Wednesday at the latest. Let me know what you think of the guy in Gainesville too!