I am re placing the shocks on my 1986 Coachman with 60K miles and am wondering would it be worthwhile to replace the leaf springs also. Where do you get new replacement leaf spring? This is the 21 foot model.

I did mine a while back at a leaf spring place. I think they added a couple leafs. Would recommend, improved ride seems stiffer. Try a truck leaf spring place. I guess its a specialty as regular mechanics dont seem to replace them. GD

• 2 weeks later...

Odds are you probably do not need new leaf springs, unless you are leaning on one side or

the entire rear end is too low. In many cases one may just need new bushings replaced in

the leaf spring. Another option is to get Air Bags installed.

Dennis...

I opted to replace the springs in my 1988 Odyssey at a local auto springs shop. They beefed up the rear end to level the load and removed the air bags at my request. They were shot, split and useless. Ride was much better on cornering and the road feel improved.

I now own a 1990 Winnebago and am considering an inspection and will make repairs or replacement as recommended by the shop.