Does anyone have dimensions of Sunrader entry step

Sunnynshare

I have nothing under my door and that makes entry a big jump. This is an 87 21rd Sunrader. I believe the width is 20 inches but I don't know if it's one step or two or what the drop is. Frankly I don't even know how to measure the drop. Thanks for any help. Below is a youtube link of how my rv step is currently. Kim

Here is what I have.

Edited by Sunnynshare

I'm no expert but I grabbed my RV 'toy' catalog. Elkhart Tool and Die make steps with 5" and 7" drops. Widths offered are 20", 24" & 28". Another manufacturer says 1 step for 12"- 18" threshold to ground and 2 steps for 18" - 24". Hope that helps a bit.

http://www.elkhartto...e_rv_steps.html

That's the information that I had that made me post what I did. Kim

Kim -

I have an '89 21 foot Sunrader Classic; rear door entry. I just looked at your video and you're right - the bracket was cut off. Mine is attached to the frame with vertical square stock in the rear and then welded horizontally on the left and right side of the step (where yours appears to be torch-cut). The step then slides out on a simple, slotted channel. Looks like a kit. You could fabricate something out of angle iron, but mine is a single step. My step is a perforated plate that is a 10 1/2" tread and 20 1/2" wide. It has about a 9 1/2" drop (riser) from the bottom of the door's metal frame. Mine is about 16 1/2" from the ground (with air suspension at about 75 lbs.) which is insignificant; your suspension may be lower than mine. But definitely ONE step that slides out and locks. Good luck!

mick40