Sunrader 12v water pump won't stop pumping,..

85 sunrader on a toyota truck. Mine's the mightly 18 footer. Eat your hearts out.

With the water tank half full I can turn on the water pump at the LED panel and hear it rattle. Pressure comes up and water comes out everywhere it should. I have no leaks and no sputtering trapped air. It's all good except the pump keeps running. It's supposed to run up to pressure and shut itself off until you open the tap, right? When you're done running the water it shuts off, right? Is there a pressure switch in the pump head that needs attention? Also, the LED panel doesn't read the water tank level at all. It can be half full and shows empty on the panel. Any ideas? Happy motoring, pm.

You are correct, it should shut off. I recently swapped out my pump for one of the quiet ones. Almost can't hear it now. I think the pressure it supplies is lower though. The press switch is replaceable but of course you have to pull the pump out to get it off. Sometimes just taking them apart and cleaning them up fixes the problem.

The tank levels is usually bad connections at the tank or elsewhere. Sometimes the readout goes bad but 99 out of 100 times it will be connections. Do you know if it has bolts connecting the wires or is there a piece of foil on the side of the tank? Read this thread for more info http://toyotamotorhome.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3159