What to do with extra food items?

I have a 1987 Toyota New Horizon.

When we are living in a small space it seems there is never enough room for

our extra food containers and the like. Here is what I did.

I have a 6 foot long couch. the front of it comes off after unscrewing the four screws.

It is one long wooden piece. On one of the corners, I took a long screw and put it in one of the holes.

I use the small space under the couch for extra coffee, Plastic milk jugs filled with dry food, Plastic containers with lids etc.

When I need something from under the couch,

I just unscrew that one long screw and get the items I need.It is a great hiding place for money and other valubles. What thief would think of taking the couch apart to get to your goodies?

Good idea on the extra food storage but there is another issue to consider.

I doubt that anyone ripping off your vehicle will be looking for rice, noodles, canned beans, etc.

I'd worry more about our electronics and money.

I've made a couple of hidey-holes but I'm not going to share their locations.

Anyone else feel strong on this thought? Suggestions?

speeking of hiding or locking up, did you know our keys for for our storage areas work on all campers, I was told this, and at camping get together used my key (while the owners watched) and opened new and older units alike. Have new locks ordered - most campers are great people, but we have seen and stopped people coming at 3 am by boat, looking for what the can steal.thumbdown.gif

Good idea on the extra food storage but there is another issue to consider.

I doubt that anyone ripping off your vehicle will be looking for rice, noodles, canned beans, etc.

I'd worry more about our electronics and money.

I've made a couple of hidey-holes but I'm not going to share their locations.

Anyone else feel strong on this thought? Suggestions?

Hi,

That is a great Idea...Hide your money and valubles in your rice, noodles cereal...never thought about that. even so, using the extra space works.

• 6 months later...

Best RV security system; it also serves to feed the German a nice supply of sophomoric amatuer theives saving you dog food space

• 110 LBS pure blood German Shepherd
  • Concealed carry permit
  • Favorite Pistol (Springfeild XD)
  • NRA window sticker to lure them in.

The would be thief will see the NRA sticker and if they are from the South they will pass like its a blood mark on a door; which is key because if they know you have a dog inside they will want in to steal it for dog fighting. If they are from the North they will take it to mean that you have guns to steal. These types make great dogfood. Never keep the firearm in the rig; should always be on you not in the rice just in case the Shep fails to eat enough.

All joke aside, I will give a plug here to GMAC insurance whom actually gives me an insurance discount of %15 because of my "preferred canine breed". Apparently some MBA figured out there was less mitigation and loss risk if a Shepherd is on board. Gotta love em' its worth the extra weight.

Edited by Totem