86 Toyta Sunrader

Add'l Help Needed---

Gas burners all work. Problems:

a) Electric works on frig but not gas. Tried butane lighter.Built in igniter does not work. Heard gas now can not be smelled true?

Can not hear it . Does this make sense??!

B) Is water to toilet run by the pump next to the sink inside cabinet next on floor level or by alternate means? Hot water unit on the same side as pump does not igite either? Just purchase the unit. At least the heater works. Can keep warm.

A/C works OK.

c) Need indept maual hopefully to help see cofigurations to troubleshoot--If it is not beyond abilities. Know basics on electrical. Sites and/or Company Help sites would be nice...

d) Any help and directions/guidance appreciated...Thanks to everyone ahead of time...

Add'l Help Needed---

a) Electric works on frig but not gas. Tried butane lighter.Built in igniter does not work. Heard gas now can not be smelled true?

B) Is water to toilet run by the pump next to the sink inside cabinet next on floor level or by alternate means? Hot water unit on the same side as pump does not igite either? Just purchase the unit. At least the heater works. Can keep warm.

A/C works OK.

c) Need indept maual hopefully to help see cofigurations to troubleshoot--If it is not beyond abilities. Know basics on electrical. Sites and/or Company Help sites would be nice...

d) Any help and directions/guidance appreciated...Thanks to everyone ahead of time...

re; refrigerator. Check the burner for obstructions. Check gas line for spider webs. Check thermal shutoff.

re; toilet. Yes, the toilet gets water from either the pump or city water inlet. If it's not getting water check valves within toilet. Be sure pedal or handle actually opens valve.

re; hot water heater. About the same as refrigerator.

BTW, manuals are available from the Yahoo sister site and on the site.

John H SW OH '86 21' Sunrader

• 2 weeks later...

Add'l Help Needed---

A/C works OK.

Hi, I just got a Sunrader too. The Toilet water: On mine ('85 FG-180, 18 footer- your layout may be different) the toilet water comes from a plastic tank under the passenger side couch seat, goes to a 12v pump and across to the drivers side traveling under the back couch seat which is across the tailgate of the rig. (cold water) Flip up the back couch seat and look straight down and you should see two gray 1/2" lines, hot/cold. Look for two little fittings with a silver ring in them. These are the shutoff valves to the shower/toilet. If these are closed you have no water to that part of the RV.

The Fridge: On mine it works fine on all three sources. I just can't tell when the gas is on. The instructions are on the bottom of my fridge which you can't see until you open the door but I can't see a gas light in the sight window. If I turn on the tanks, flip the selector to gas, hold one button down for a sec and then punch the lighter button I hear nothing and smell nothing but 10 minutes later the exhaust stack is hot at the back of the refer (outside the rig, behind the refer vent door) and the cooling pipes are getting cold. 40 minutes later the freezer part is cold. A few hours later the whole fridge is nice and cold so it all works- I just can't tell it works. (No compressor- no noise, I think these use ammonia.)

Let me know if you find and "in depth manual". I found a site with specs: tire pressure, gas tank size ect. but nothing on running the RV systems. I will try to find out if the furnace manufacturer for example is still in business and has any info to pass out for free. My heater doesn't seem to light.

Lucky you to have air conditioning!