Coach will not run on dc power

benjib07

I have an 1986 Toyota escaper. My problem is the coach will not run on DC power alone. It works fine when plugged into shore power or when the engine is on. The battery is putting out 12v. And theres continuity from the 32 v battery fuse. Any suggestions on how to get this to work? Thanks in advance for any help.

A couple of weeks ago I turned on the generator to show friends how great my Toy was and the power wouldn't go back on after I turned off the generator. Took off the cover to my converter and exercised the transfer relay with a pen and it has worked since then. It may just be stuck, or broken. Try manually moving it.

There used to be a strange device call a point file very popular when cars had points however they still make them now it's a contact file a few runs through the relay contacts may just "fix" the relay.

• 5 months later...

Woaahh, loads of replies, though i have the least knowledge in all this stuff, I read all of the above posts.... I found them very informative because I have to work on my toyota someday.. :P