Nova Star history

thepilot

Does anyone know anything about/ or know where I can find information about the company that made the Nova Star? Where they were located, how many units were made, why they went out of business etc...Were they ever affiliated with National RV ?

Thanks

Best I can do is New Horizon. I don't know much about mine either they are rare I think they were pretty expencive.

I emailed New Horizon(s) they build fancy 5th wheel trailers but have been around for quite a few years and were sold a few years ago to a new owner I'll let you know if they are the same outfit that built the MH's.(if they are kind enough to write back to me)

I just found some more info...the beginning of an archived article in the LA Times from Oct 31, 1982 announcing the New Horizon micro mini from a company called Holloway DeBraal. The only info that came up on a search of Holloway DeBraal were 2 safety recalls on 1985 New Horizon for rear suspension over load and dual rear wheel pinholes and cracks by the valve stems. The latter effected 5 vehicles. New Paris travel trailers and 5th wheels come up under some searches as well. I will keep digging....:detective2:

Let me know if you find out anything more. I think the Nova Stars were built from 1986-1988 in California (?), but not sure. There don't seem to be many of them around. I have an 87 and they are a high-quality coach. Much nicer inside than my Dolphin was.

New Horizon did build other toy coaches that were similar to the Dolphins, etc. But i don't think they were ever affiliated with National RV.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi, I'm new to the site and was seaching for Toyota motorhomes and came across this site and your post.

I joined to give you additional information on your rv.

I have a 1989 RV buyer guide and it has the Nova Star and Sprit manufactured by Diamond Recreational Vehicles Inc. I believe they are still in business but might not keep old records.

You are correct that this model was a well built rv, better then most of that period. The construction of the roof and side walls look superior also.

Have a great day :)

I just found some more info...the beginning of an archived article in the LA Times from Oct 31, 1982 announcing the New Horizon micro mini from a company called Holloway DeBraal. The only info that came up on a search of Holloway DeBraal were 2 safety recalls on 1985 New Horizon for rear suspension over load and dual rear wheel pinholes and cracks by the valve stems. The latter effected 5 vehicles. New Paris travel trailers and 5th wheels come up under some searches as well. I will keep digging....:detective2: