1981 Sunrader

westattam

I stumbled across this site while researching a 19 ft. Sunrader which I'm looking at purchasing. It's an oldie.. 1981 with 107,000 miles. I believe it's got the modified, six lug rear-end, and it's the 22R motor. The owner is asking $5700 for it. I now that there's a following for these motorhomes, especially the shorter units like this one. If it's in decent shape, is this vehicle worth it? Is there any other issues specific to this year(s) which I should be enquiring about?

Many thanks for your input..

I stumbled across this site while researching a 19 ft. Sunrader which I'm looking at purchasing. It's an oldie.. 1981 with 107,000 miles. I believe it's got the modified, six lug rear-end, and it's the 22R motor. The owner is asking $5700 for it. I now that there's a following for these motorhomes, especially the shorter units like this one. If it's in decent shape, is this vehicle worth it? Is there any other issues specific to this year(s) which I should be enquiring about?

Many thanks for your input..

Someone once said, "If you want something bad enough, any amount is worth it." (Maybe it was me. rolleyes.gif) Do you know for sure it's got the full floating 6 lug 1 ton rearend? Does the engine run pretty good? Do you know if the house is in decent condition and the appliances work?

I bought Sadie (81 18' Sunrader 78Kmiles) for $1200, 2years ago. She had the bad rearend and water damage under all the windows in the house- another $3000 later, (new rearend, shipping, installation, plugs, wires, master cylinder, wood, paint, carpet and fabric, etc) and she's become an amazing little rolling sanctuary. I have not had one regret, and the motorhome has been given a new life. I believe it was worth it.