my odometer just started reading the same mileage, 60,000 gets to 60,099 then starts over again at 60,000. What should I be looking for to fix this asap. 4 speed manual

TIA

A new or used spedo head. They are all plastic inside and the little tab brakes off that trips on the 10th revolution.

A new or used spedo head. They are all plastic inside and the little tab brakes off that trips on the 10th revolution.

Thank-You

Off I go to the salvage yard again.

Maybe I will find even more goodies !

You might as well look for one with a tach!

Why, are the wires for the orginal equipment 1983 all ready behind the dash, and just plug and play, or are you going to enlighten us all on how to wire up a tach, to a rig that may not have the wires their.

I posted the remark about the tach more as a reminder not to forget to look in to the possibility. I didn't know the age of your 'home and I certainly don't know all the ins and outs of the various years to say if it'll be a 'Plug & Play'. I have read that in later years there was a change from a mechanical drive speedo to an electric/electronic one. But this was well after '83.

I looked up 1983, Toyota, Pickup, Speedo on www.car-part.com and there do appear to be tachs available for the '83. Whether the wiring harness on all of them included the wire for a tach, I don't know. If you're lucky, Toyota made a 'one size fits all' harness to simplify their inventory. If you have a wiring diagram, you could try and identify the wire color code for the tach and see if you can find it among the wires going to your plug(s). If you do pick up a 'tach panel', you should also get the correct sender for the oil pressure (or buy a new one).

The PO (previous owner) of my 83 Sunrader experienced a speedometer failure and picked up a "new" one at the junk yard from a 83 Toyota pickup SR5 which included the tach. He said it was "plug and play" with the harness already having a tach connection. I don't know, but the tach does work as shown in the picture which is slightly blurred because the MH was moving down the road. It is a 22R, 4 speed manual.

Allen

post-481-12704813457933_thumb.jpg