moving my bathroom

86rader

Haven't been on this forum in forever. nice to see it's still going.

My 86 sunrader has the head directly behind the drivers seat which means i have bolt upright seating position. Sure would be nice to be able to lean back a bit and i was thinking that moving the entire bath rearwards a foot or so sure would be nice. It would also allow me to extend the overcab bed a bit.

doing so would shorten the bench seat which is between the rear bed and bath, but, it's not long enough to sleep anyone bigger than a 4 year old anyway.

I suspect this is way more of a pain than it's worth, but, thought i'd ask about it anyway.

thanks,

pete

I'm also interested in your question for a slightly different reason. I have a similar bathroom set up as you on an '83 18' Sunrader. I don't need the extra driver seat room but want more shower room. My thought was to take the larger bathroom from a 21' Sunrader that is in the same place but twice the length and includes a sink with room to move.

On your question you at a minimum have to move or change the piping on the black water side. If you are an 18' model like me then you also have a vent pipe in the closet directly behind the bathroom. This would have to be relocated with a new hole in the roof and the old one plugged. You also maly have to move the black water tank as on mine it's directly under the bathroom. Maybe you can use elbows to reroute the pipes but I kind of doubt it. In looking at my Sunrader and one at a salvage yard it seems the bathroom is all one large piece of fiberglass. I pulled my medicine cabinet out and there is a substantial gap between the back the bathroom wall and the exterior wall. No insulation there I might add. Looks like the shower pan is just build on top of the regular floor that runs under the whole house part of the camper. The problem I see for what I want to do is I'd have to remove the upper half of the clamshell to get the old bathroom assembly out and the new wall in as it seems to be one piece. Maybe you could get lucky and have just enough room to slide yours back.

Hopefully someone who has gutted a Sunrader will reply with more info. Oh, there are companies that will custom make black/gray water tanks to your dimensions.

I'm also interested in your question for a slightly different reason. I have a similar bathroom set up as you on an '83 18' Sunrader. I don't need the extra driver seat room but want more shower room. My thought was to take the larger bathroom from a 21' Sunrader that is in the same place but twice the length and includes a sink with room to move.

On your question you at a minimum have to move or change the piping on the black water side. If you are an 18' model like me then you also have a vent pipe in the closet directly behind the bathroom. This would have to be relocated with a new hole in the roof and the old one plugged. You also maly have to move the black water tank as on mine it's directly under the bathroom. Maybe you can use elbows to reroute the pipes but I kind of doubt it. In looking at my Sunrader and one at a salvage yard it seems the bathroom is all one large piece of fiberglass. I pulled my medicine cabinet out and there is a substantial gap between the back the bathroom wall and the exterior wall. No insulation there I might add. Looks like the shower pan is just build on top of the regular floor that runs under the whole house part of the camper. The problem I see for what I want to do is I'd have to remove the upper half of the clamshell to get the old bathroom assembly out and the new wall in as it seems to be one piece. Maybe you could get lucky and have just enough room to slide yours back.

Hopefully someone who has gutted a Sunrader will reply with more info. Oh, there are companies that will custom make black/gray water tanks to your dimensions.

something would definitely have to be done with the blackwater plumbing. I think the vent pipe could be handled with a few elbows. the more i think about it, the more i think i'll just make do with my cozy cockpit.

I believe that I've heard of people removing the bathroom assembly through the rear window opening.

The problem I see for what I want to do is I'd have to remove the upper half of the clamshell to get the old bathroom assembly out and the new wall in as it seems to be one piece.