New Factory Recall Axle in Garland, TX

Diesel_Aggie

Hi all, I've been watching this brand new Toyota true dually axle with 4 new wheels for sale on Dallas Craigslist for a few weeks. The price has dropped from $1000 to $950. There are pictures in the ad and I have posted the text below, minus the phone numbers. Didn't want them to still be posted on here 5 years after the item is sold! You can find the ad by going to dallas.craigslist.org then clicking "Auto Parts" under the "For Sale" area and searching "toyota axle". I know nothing more about it. This seems to be a very good price as I had to pay $600 plus $300 shipping for my used one about 18 months ago. Wish this one had shown up then! I thought this would be of interest to many on the board. If anyone does buy it and there are any labels, part numbers, directions sheets, etc. please document these for the rest of us. I've been trying to track down these part numbers so I can see if anything is available by part number from Toyota. The kit maybe discontinued but Toyota is pretty good about keeping individual parts available.

"For Toyota motor home or delivery truck. Convert your 1970's or 1980's Toyota chassis to heavy duty rear end with 4 truck type dual wheels.

Items have never been used or installed. Built by Toyota to convert the motor home chassis."