Improving Gas Mileage With Injector Cleaner

centralman

Hi Everyone,

I am interested in doing some sort of injector cleaning to improve gas mileage ... I know there are tons other way (spark plugs, filter, cold air intake ... etc) but I would like some specific information regarding injector cleaning. If anyone has experience on injector cleaning of a 22RE I would be grateful if you could share some information so I could try to improve my gas mileage.

My MH is running at around 12.5MPG, it's 87 Dolphin 22RE with auto tranny, so I would definitely like to have it run better.

I cruise at around 55-60 mph on the highway.

Hi Everyone,

I am interested in doing some sort of injector cleaning to improve gas mileage ... I know there are tons other way (spark plugs, filter, cold air intake ... etc) but I would like some specific information regarding injector cleaning. If anyone has experience on injector cleaning of a 22RE I would be grateful if you could share some information so I could try to improve my gas mileage.

My MH is running at around 12.5MPG, it's 87 Dolphin 22RE with auto tranny, so I would definitely like to have it run better.

I cruise at around 55-60 mph on the highway.

Hi Centralman--we run a '92 Itasca Spirit with a V-6 and automatic. Average MPG is about 14-15. Have run several different injector cleaners and find that they don't make much of a difference. I am a daily reader of an oil forum (www.bobistheoilguy.com) where they discuss not only motor oils, but oil and fuel additives as well. Most on the forum will recommend you use Seafoam. I have tried this and will say, of all of them, this is the only one that has any effect on my MPG numbers--nothing earth-shattering, but something. Like you, I cruise at 55-62 mph on the highway. Hope this helps. Let us know how you make out.

I always use Chevron just because they add a cleaner to their gas, I know it is just cheaper to buy the cleaner yourself but I guess I am lazy. I have used added cleaners in the past in different vehicles and have never seen any huge differences in performance.

Thank you for your repsonses. As I live in Vancouver Canada I need to find out where I can buy some Seafoam additives. But I will definitely give it a try and will let you know of the results later.

I don't really suppose injector cleaning will significantly improve the gas mileage but I think my MH is on the high side of gas consumption, as the tank is already small the worse MPG translates to even shorter range.

Thanks again.

Additional Note: My Dolphin runs 150 miles with approximately 12 gallons of gas, my goal is to run 150miles with 10 gallons, and I'm a happy camper.