"New" 85 Dolphin - Have a couple questions...

We just purchased our first Toyota Dolphin and are SO excited to get camping. It's an 85. We were wondering if anyone has installed seatbelts on the bench seat (drivers side over the water tanks) that work with carseats, or if they have any suggestions of how to do so. We were thinking of putting 2 on there so one seat could face forward and one backwards (that way no carseat is sideways). Do you think this is do-able?

Also, I washed my curtains and they were so old they got shredded, so now I need to make some. Anyone have patterns or any suggestions?

We are also missing an inside light cover, any ideas on where to pick one of those up?

Thanks so much! Hope to see some of you on the road soon!!!!!

Hi and welcome! I bet that you are as excited as I was when I got my 84 Dolphin a few years ago. It looks as if you have the same floor plan with rear kitchen. I love mine.

I have the original brown plaid interior and gold curtains, but would like to redo it this year. I would just measure the windows, find some fabric and make some custom curtains. You could look for some ready made panels, but it would be hard to find the right size and would be more expensive. As for hardware to hang them, whatever works.

For the inside light cover, the RV supply stores usually carry them. You might have to get the whole unit, if the new lense doesn't fit.

As for the seatbelts, I haven't a clue. Maybe someone else can help you on that very important subject.

Hope you have many happy miles in your Dolphin. I know that I'm planning some major trips this year. Enjoy your new Toy! :ThumbUp: Tudy