78 Chinook Sliding Windows Reseal questions

sepling

I took the maiden voyage with my Chinook this weekend and made lots of notes for repairs. First on the list is the sliding windows-- The seals for the slider need to be replaced.

It looks like there is a "felt" seal that fits into the channel on the inside of the window frame and then a rubber seal that "straddles" the outer edge of the window frame.

Has anyone done this? I really need to find where to get parts. The windows are in good shape and the seal between the frame and hole in the coach seems to be in good shape as well, so there is no reason to replace the whole window (plus, let's be honest, it's not worth it).

Any ideas? I can add pics tonight.

Sean

Good question I'm not sure the "seals" do much I would say the biggest issue is plugged up drains on the out side edge of the window frames that would allow the frame to fill with water and leak inside.

What model Chinook are you working with? I'm remodeling a '78 Chinook Newport & have removed all the windows. They are intact & I will not be reusing them. On my maiden voyage @ least one was operable & neither leaked, through both rain & snow.

The drains that Maineah talks about are a good place to start. My rig came from the desert & drains on all windows were clear. Living in the cold & wet N.W. I could see them clogging in a hurry.

Good luck, Kevin