Inflation help please

toyboxII

Hi all--just had to put new tires on our 92 Itasca Spirit and had trouble locating acceptable tires. Settled for Continental Vanco 2 tires as I could not find any others that were available! Anyway, our Yokohama 356 tires were run at 50 psi. New tires have a 65psi maximum listed. My question is what pressure do I run at? Had the garage pump to 60psi but would like your input before I go too far. We will be leaving for points South soon to escape the cold weather here in Pennsylvania and will be living in the Toy for about six months. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi all--just had to put new tires on our 92 Itasca Spirit and had trouble locating acceptable tires. Settled for Continental Vanco 2 tires as I could not find any others that were available! Anyway, our Yokohama 356 tires were run at 50 psi. New tires have a 65psi maximum listed. My question is what pressure do I run at? Had the garage pump to 60psi but would like your input before I go too far. We will be leaving for points South soon to escape the cold weather here in Pennsylvania and will be living in the Toy for about six months. Thanks in advance for your help.

See if you can find the coach builders tag it should be some where near the drivers door it will give you an ideal of what they think the tire pressure should be. The Toyota sticker pressures will not be high enough for a motor home.

See if you can find the coach builders tag it should be some where near the drivers door it will give you an ideal of what they think the tire pressure should be. The Toyota sticker pressures will not be high enough for a motor home.

I have a 90 Warrior and just bought a set of the same tires for the rear. I tried to obtain the same ones on the front (Federal), but had no luck. I made a 1800 mile trip with them set at 52 psi (rear) 45 front. I met a retired tire man at a campground and he suggested I run the rear tires at 65 and the frons at 55. I decided to split the difference and try 60 psi for the rear, and 50 on the front. I made a test ride and the ride did seem to be better. As for the RV manufactures providing information, they suck in that department. Tire pressure is important and as for Winniebaggo, I'm pretty disappointed in their lack of concern.

Anyway, good luck. And, as for those Cont. Vanco's, they are made in Brazil,...not impressed with that, but we'll see. I use to buy a lot of VW parts and tried to avoid brazillain made parts because they were cheaper made in quality.

I have a 90 Warrior and just bought a set of the same tires for the rear. I tried to obtain the same ones on the front (Federal), but had no luck. I made a 1800 mile trip with them set at 52 psi (rear) 45 front. I met a retired tire man at a campground and he suggested I run the rear tires at 65 and the frons at 55. I decided to split the difference and try 60 psi for the rear, and 50 on the front. I made a test ride and the ride did seem to be better. As for the RV manufactures providing information, they suck in that department. Tire pressure is important and as for Winniebaggo, I'm pretty disappointed in their lack of concern.

Anyway, good luck. And, as for those Cont. Vanco's, they are made in Brazil,...not impressed with that, but we'll see. I use to buy a lot of VW parts and tried to avoid brazillain made parts because they were cheaper made in quality.

The Feds make them post the pressures so I would say it keeps them from being hung out to dry what ever works best for you is what they should be just as long as it's enough for the weight I don't think there is a magic number. The Brazillian tire would scare me less then one from China!