I have a 85 escaper with a 22rec motor it was given to me it sat in garage for 3 years tank was nasty cleaned it good new pump filter but it starts and idles fine but when I go it gets to about 30mph and shuts down like its starving for gas let off gas and push again it starts to go and cuts out does not stall just cuts out can anybody give me any ideas

I have a 85 escaper with a 22rec motor it was given to me it sat in garage for 3 years tank was nasty cleaned it good new pump filter but it starts and idles fine but when I go it gets to about 30mph and shuts down like its starving for gas let off gas and push again it starts to go and cuts out does not stall just cuts out can anybody give me any ideas

Did you replace the fuel filter that lives under the intake manifold? You can find it by standing on your head with a flash light in your mouth. Well it's not quite that bad but not far from it. it's towards the back above the starter.

Well it could be anything, debris in the fuel tank, bad fuel pump, ignition, etc. You might start with the easy stuff, clean the plugs, check wires,and tune up items. I guess since I cleaned my mass air flow sensor I swear by the results. Use the Mass air flow cleaner ( it is located inside the air snout on your air filter box). Both my Toyotas had running conditions, surging, hesitation, rough idle. I cleaned them both and they both run the best I have seen them run since I have owned them. Some people have expressed caution about cleaning the MAF sensor, but it did wonders for mine. Are you getting a check engine light? That may be the biggest clue to finding the problem(s).

Good luck!