new floor and what to do with the naugahyde panels.

desertrat

post-2897-12513395096941_thumb.jpgpost-2897-12513395238678_thumb.jpgpost-2897-12513395319825_thumb.jpg

Put a new floor in. Removed that manky dark blue 21 year old carpet. Nasty underneath. I used a Home Depot product called "Traffic Master Allure" Laminate Bamboo. The stuff was pretty easy to install. It may not be real wood, but sure is better than before.

The sub floor was not level (OSB Board) so I ground it down to remove to big differences and the laminate went over the rounds in the floor pretty easily. I did use some adhesive on the bigger bumps just in case.

Now for the dark blue naugahyde question of the day. Has anyone dyed their naugahyde headliners or anything else, and are there any product recommendations? I want to erase all the dark blue from my new Toy. I assume I'll have to dye the stuff twice, once with a light dye, the a second coat with my preferred tan color.

Thanks in advance

Man, that floor looks awesome! Was it pretty easy to do around the steps? I was thinking of doing the same thing in my new Toy.

Well, I didn't do the steps. I took the carpet and wood strips off the steps to expose the aluminum pan. Right now I have low nap carpet there. If I get around to doing the steps, I'll post photos. I still have to finish the bathroom. The laminate material is pretty easy to work with and steps, allthough would be more labor intensive, shouldn't cause too much trouble.

Stay tuned and thanks

Steve

• 2 weeks later...