bathroom renovation need ideas

pamz

while wetsanding off clearcoat (which i am convinced will take the rest of my life to do), I have alot of time to think. my new 86 sunrader doesn't have a working shower as the previous owners turned it into a storage area.

I am thinking of turning the entire space into a big shower-able area with the toilet included in the area and maybe the sink maybe not....I'm wondering if anyone else has done this and what materials did they use?

our goal is also to lighten the rv up wherever we can....so as to get the best mileage possible so i don't think i want to go with heavy materials like tile or stone.

Does anyone have any ideas or pics of their own bathroom renovations?

How's the clear coat stripping coming along? :weight_lift:

I assume you have the 18' sunrader which is pretty small to be a fully contained motorhome.

A nice big spaghetti pot gets hot really fast over the stove! :) Pour the hot water into a 5 gallon bucket of cold water a little at a time until you have a temperature you like. Scoop cups of this water over your head. The grass around your campsite will be happy and you'll save a ton of space/weight. Solar shower bags are really nice and work fantastic if you have sun.

I've seen some high-tech porta-potties that have wheels similar to luggage. :buttwiggle: Dunno. Can't offer much opinion in this area.